Search the best wedding venues in Essex. The biggest and best site for finding your dream venue in Essex
search helvetica, viagra sans-serif;">Welcome to our new wedding venue website where you will find all the very best wedding venues in Essex. Essex is the number one search on Google for wedding venues and it’s no surprise. With plenty of beach front venues as well as lush country retreats, Essex offers every choice of wedding you can imagine. Our website aims to offer the best way of showing off the wedding venues in Essex with lovely sized photo and videos. Click on a venue and you will be taken through to a detailed page where you can browse through the photo gallery, facilities and any special offers that might be available. Each venue is kept up to date with the latest news and information. You can even check availability for your special day.
We only pick and choose the very best wedding venues in Essex providing you with the widest choice for that special day.
Check out our Featured Venues below or CLICK HERE for full
list of the best wedding venues in Essex
How to use this site:
This site has been designed to help individuals quickly and efficiently flick through a selection of Essex Wedding Venues at a touch of a button. The site brings the most popular wedding venues to your desktop and allows you to view pictures, read testimonial and reviews and see which venues offer the right services for your magical day. Once you have created a shortlist using our site, we suggest you contact each venue through our "Contact Venue" option and arrange a tour. Some venues have open days but we feel it more appropriate and personal to arrange a personal tour. It is only from walking around these grand venues that you get a true feel for how they would work for you.
There are three search options to help identify the right venues. You can "Search by Area" allowing you to select a venue close to a particular point of interest for the day. A typical point of interest would be the location of the ceremony for instance, maybe a Church. Using the Search by Area allows you to filter the venues down to a small number very quickly, leaving just those geographically viable. If you would like to go slightly further afield, you could opt to use the "Search by Map" function. This will bring up a map of Essex and will pin point all venues. From here you can move around the map, zooming in and out on locations. This is a great tool to utilize to plan the overall day. You do not want your guests travelling around for hours on end; you need to ensure everything is at a convenient distance.
The third option allows you to type in the name of your venue instantly bring up the criteria and gallery. A lot of people have previously visited wedding venues and have a good idea where they liked. This function allows you to go straight to your favourite venues and then decide between them.
Once you have found the location and best venues for you, create a shortlist and contact the venue to arrange a viewing.
6 Things to Look Out For:
- 1.Outdoor and Indoor Facilities
- 2.Bar Facilities
- 3.Eating Area
- 4.Evening Entertainment
- 5.Additional Criteria
- 6.License for Civil Marriages
1. If you are lucky enough to have a wedding on a sunny day, you may want to know what facilities are offered for outside entertainment. For example, the guests could relax in a garden or a patio area having canapés before dinner. You don’t want guests to necessarily have to walk a mile to get to the outdoor area; you need it to be kept close so it feels more personal and together. As soon as the guests start to dilute around a venue, the atmosphere reduces.
2. As much as it may not be top of the bride and grooms list, it is a common factor that guests want to buy themselves a drink once they get to the venue. Although you may offer Champagne and Bucks Fizz, you may want your guests to be able to access a bar earlier than usual. You also need to be sure you know the closing time of a bar and how they could work a tab if need be.
3. The eating area is probably the top of most peoples list. It is where the speeches are held and the newly married couple are presented to their closest family and friends. The eating area has to accommodate a top table, so it is good to have an idea on how many will be sitting at the top table and if there is room. Most places will accommodate for approx. 8 people at a top table, but it is worth looking into and making sure your happy. Also ask about speeches and microphone use. Most venues will provide a PA system and microphone to help with speeches, but something certainly worth mentioning and knowing.
4. Where do the evening guests go and where does the partying happen. You want to be sure you are happy with the evening party plan. You don’t want your guests turning up and hanging around dirty table from dinner. It is good if you can arrange for a separate party place, meaning you can all get up and congregate in a new area ready for the evening entertainment. However, some guests do like to be seated in the evening so maybe having a dance floor close to tables or certainly having some seating and table would be beneficial.
5. If you have any specific requests it is good to bring them up at the start. if you would like to arrange your own DJ or Band then it is worth speaking to them. Maybe you would like a string quartet or an acoustic guitarist playing outside. All these things need to be asked upfront as some venues provide their own people, whereas others will allow you to arrange with their permission.
6. Pretty obvious point, but check to see which room and location you can actually get married in. Sometime the ceremony area can be stuck out in some part you aren’t happy with, or maybe smaller than planned. It’s all very well having a lovely eating venue and partying place, but you need to ensure they are allocated for the actual wedding ceremony meets your needs and can accommodate your guests.
If you ensure you have taken into consideration the above 6 main points and visit the shortlisted venues, you should be set to have a fantastic wedding venue. The venue plays a huge part in the atmosphere and the feel to a wedding. It rarely ruins a wedding but it certainly makes them.